Just 10 minutes drive from Maroni is a 5* Hotel offering full use of their water sports, diving, sailing, squash, tennis, cycling, archery and health spa facilities.
By appointment can be arranged a British trained Personal Trainer/re-habilitation therapist/masseur highly qualified and able to give excellent personal specialised help and attention to individual needs, ranging from fitness training to rehabilitation of complex injuries.
His partner, also a PT and nutritionist who can advise and devise a healthy eating plan for individual problems and needs.
A 2 minute walk from Little Lodge, a Beautician who uses only Guinot products….I’m told her facials take years off you!
Every Tuesday morning a group of ladies who meet to paint together in the lovely old village school and who would happily invite you to join them.
In the village a very knowledgeable and enthusiastic walker and twitcher who takes walking tours anywhere on the island.
In the North, a gentleman who specialises in Orchid walks in the spring, spanning the Bendedactylos Mountain range dividing north from south of the Island, with a delicious tea provided by his wife at the end of the walk.
Just a 20 minute drive away an excellent Stitches craft centre where you can take a wide variety of lessons.
Stitches at http://www.stitchescyprus.com/
• Just a 5 minute drive from Maroni is the village of Zyggi, famous for it’s fish Tavernas sitting right on the beach.
• For lovers of cod and chips you’d have to go a long way to eat better than that served at Diana in Zyggi.
• A 20 minute walk or 2 minute drive from Little Lodge is Limonokipos, freshly cooked fresh local produce and in the summer on Thursdays, ‘Kleftico’, Lamb and potatoes cooked in a clay oven, utterly delicious!
• 7 minutes drive away is Ladas a renowned fish Restaurant facing the sea.
• The village of Tochni , 12 minutes drive, has a very simple Taverna run by Irene, a London Cypriot, with a generous smile and warm welcome for everyone, serving local specialities and BBQ’s.
• Governor’s Beach 15 minute drive, has a variety of Tavernas on the beach selling excellent food both at lunchtime and evenings and so very reasonably priced.
• Skarinou, a village 15 minute drive away, boasts a restaurant with a beautiful terrace overlooking a fine view, run by an English couple.
• Psematismenos, the village before ours and a mere 2 minute drive has a kebab takeaway next to the church. Which I’m told is very good.
• Also in Psematismenos, Kitcheners Tavern. Once the home of Lord Kitchener whilst Cartographer of Cyprus. A Bistro style Restaurant, run by 2 English/American couples, serving international food in a charming atmosphere.
These are just a few of the choices of the closest places to eat. There are many more and 30 minutes drive away there the towns of Larnaca, Limassol and Nicosia offering a huge choice of excellent restaurants, from very sophisticated to very simple. One thing you can always be assured of in Cyprus is good food and an hospitable welcome wherever you go.